Monday, February 22, 2010

Mommy Moment #2

I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but I am still reliving the shame every time the UPS man comes to our door.

I was quietly nursing Kannon in preparation for a nap. Sometimes, he falls asleep while nursing and I have to quickly pop him off, lay him down, and sneak out the door without a peep. Usually, I don't have time to make sure all.....err, parts are covered.

Well, on one such afternoon, I put Kannon down, turned around and ninja'ed my way out the room being careful to avoid every loose board in our floor. I shut the door just as the doorbell rang and I quickly ran to the door to greet our UPS man.

Conversation went something like this:
Me: Hi!
UPS: errr, hello. Sign here (pointing to clip pad)
Me: Ok (struggling to keep Emma behind the door, glancing down, I noticed, one very uncovered, very public BOOB!)
Me: (laughing at this point) I bet you dont see that everyday!
UPS: (Awkwardly laughs and walks away)

A few days later the same UPS man returned, blushing before he even reached the door. This time, I made Dale answer the door. I bet he was disappointed.

Some days, being a mommy means not having a second to pee, drink water, eat, or even cover up!

No comments:

Post a Comment