Sunday, June 21, 2009

Did you say Baby????

Dale and I arrived in California on Wednesday, just barely missing the thunderstorms that took over the Montana skies. Dale had never been to the Long Beach area and enjoyed spending time with my family. We relaxed by the beach, enjoyed the pool, golfed down In-n-Out burgers and ate like hungry pigs morning, noon, and night. Sadly, I put him on the plane back to Montana while I enjoy a few more days soaking up saltwater and sunshine.

As part of our exciting trip, my family hosted a baby shower. Boy, was I showered! With gifts, games, food, belly rubs, and tons of love. It was wonderful catching up with family and friends and listening to all the words of wisdom, horror stories of 9 lb babies, and questions from my non pregnant friends. All that hard work spent creating a gift registry was rewarded as I was able to check off half of the items. Had Dale been there he would have teared at the sight of adorable baby shoes, "Daddy''s Boy" t-shirts, and tiny onesies.

Now that the shower is over, I will hopefully have time for sleep and more relaxation as right now, I am working on only 6 hrs of sleep and am slowly slipping into delirium.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a great weekend! :] I am glad you got so much from your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. My mom's name is Ann and his mom's name is Lynne so we combined them and came up with a whole unique name! :]

    ReplyDelete