Friday, March 27, 2015

28 weeks and some news!

This week was a rough one!  I brought a cold back from California and had so many things going on at work.  I had a training Tuesday, Wednesday, and Math Science Night on Thursday.  This morning, I woke up and could barely move, breathe, or talk so I stayed home.  After 14 hours of sleep and lots of water, I feel a little better but not great! It seems like I have been sick every other week this pregnancy! Working with kids is not helpful! 
I also have some news that I have known for a few weeks but was waiting until it was official to make it public. I accepted a 2nd Grade Reading and Writing position at my neighborhood school.  It is a dream job!!! The school is where Kannon will attend Kindergarten and is 1/2 a mile from our house.  It is a music fine arts school and has an amazing staff of dedicated and positive educators.  It was a very intense interview process and I am so blessed to have been given this incredible opportunity! This means no more 2 hour commute (it takes 3 minutes now!), no more planning for all subjects, I get to focus on what I love-teaching reading and writing, and I will be in a school that has the same vision as me.  My principal was quite sad to hear my news but she knew it was something I was considering, especially since we have another baby on the way.  I have met the 2nd grade team in the new school and they are fantastic! I am so excited to work with them this Fall!


Date: 03/27/15
Week: 28 weeks 5 days
Estimated baby size: a cucumber
Total Weight Gain: +12 pounds 
Symptoms:
THIRSTY. Hip pain, restless nights, LOTS OF MOVEMENT and horrible heart burn!!!
Cravings: Clementines, potatoes, CHEESE, black beans, milk, cereal.
What is baby doing? Eye: Your baby now has eyelashes and will turn her head to a continuous bright light from outside.
Fat: Layers of fat are beginning to form as your baby gets ready for life outside the womb.
Uterus: You should be able to feel your baby's movements quite regularly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment