Sunday, December 21, 2014

14 weeks!


FREEDOM!!! I have the next 17 days off to relax, spend time with family, and SLEEP and recover from a cold I had on Tuesday!  I had an appointment on Monday with my OB.  It was my last appointment before my first appointment with the midwife on December 29.  My normal OB was gone, so I saw a different one who gave me completely opposite information!  For example, she told me to continue bed rest (WTH!?!) and chastised me for not getting the very expensive blood test that screens for Down Syndrome AND the gender  (my insurance won't cover it until you are 35 and its $1200).  Everything looked great, we tried to get a peek at baby's gender but it was moving way too much!!! So glad to be done there! 



Date: 12/21/14
Week: 14 weeks 5 days
Estimated baby size: a lemon
Weight Gain: 0 pounds (yep, I had gained 3 pounds but after all the illness, I am down to 0!)
Symptoms:
Still don't like the smell of coffee but I have had a few cups without vomiting, THIRSTY, insomnia, running nose, and sneezing!
Cravings: Clementines---these things are still getting me through each day!

What is baby doing?: Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment