Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Goal Progress

Much to my own surprise, I have actually tackled my summer goals pretty well despite all our summer distractions! Here is my progress:

Summer Goals
1.  Buy a couch (DONE---and I got it for FREE)
2. Unpack boxes 
3. Set up the den/piano room 
4.  Read at least 1 book per week (I have read 9 books so far!)
5. Start early morning running again (I am back to running 3 miles, pacing 9 minutes/miles)
6. Go to Discovery Green's Flea by Night (SO MUCH FUN! We saw lots of cool trinkets!)
7. Date night at Red Lion Pub and a movie (We actually walked out of Red Lion because it was SUPER expensive and the service was non existent, so we had date night at Haymerchant instead!)
8. Take a trip to Austin and eat at Love Balls (AMAZING! We LOVED Austin, more about that coming soon!)
9. Go camping! Either at Inks Lake State Park.  (We ended up camping at Lake Livingston and had a great time!)
10.  Go to Corpus Christi and drive on the beach
11. Sleep as much as possible (I am sleeping tons but there is never enough sleep!)
12. Organize and level my classroom books My living room is covered with books.....
13. Make workstations for next year (mostly done!)
14. Plan the 1st nine weeks of school (probably won't happen....but I want to try!)
15. Go to the Museum District and see the Menil Collection, Weather Museum, and MFAH.
16. Grow tomatoes (planted and growing!!!)  We had tomatoes but then some tomato hornworms ate them :(
17. Go back to 100% paleo diet (we are having too much fun making our own pasta and eating at new places....oops)
18. Write more.  Blog more. (obviously, getting started on that one)
19.  Enroll the kids in swim lessons They start next week!
20.  Drive to the Louisiana border (just to say I have been!)
21. Buy a second car (it has been rough only have one car to make our daily commute!)

I have actually done a lot more as well, like:
1. Cool Nights at the Houston Zoo
2. Explore Houston's many splash parks
3. Shopped at Farmer's Market
4. Set up a donorschoose project for my class
5. Procurred donations from my neighborhood like bookshelves and bean bags
6. Got the kids haircuts
7. Went to a train park
8. Shopped at the fish market in Kemah
9. Cooked some amazing meals like hand-rolled pasta with cilantro pistou and house-made ricotta stuffed roasted chicken!
10. Met some awesome teachers at trainings!

No comments:

Post a Comment