Friday, October 28, 2011

Project 365:: Day 291


Day 291
Just another reason why I love my new job! The view downtown is awesome, especially with fall colored leaves!

Teaching is going so well. I love my school and feel so blessed to have found an collaborative, supportive, and passionate group of people. I have 8 kids all between 3-4 years old. Preschool teaching is hard but rewarding. Between 9-5 I do not sit, blink, or even finish my coffee. On a normal day, I have 2 accidents, 4 crying kids, and teach a mini-lesson daily on the dangers of running through the classroom. But, I revel in my kids excitement as they come running into the classroom every morning excited to see me, learn new songs, and ask what we are doing today. I find myself reflecting each day to make the classroom more welcoming and exciting. I challenge myself to find new ways to engage my kids through teaching, circle-time, and their independent learning centers.

My school also has its downs. I got punched in the face on Monday. One kid screamed he hated me when I took his spray bottle away for spraying kids in the face. I watched in horror as one of my kid's started choke-holding another. Between 9-5 I am a parent, a friend, a teacher, a singer, an artist, a janitor, and a nurse. I am preparing my kids for success in school and challenging them to become compassionate individuals and you can't put a price on that.

I cant wait until my boys are old enough to come along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment