Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Dale::Three Years of Marriage



Dear Dale,

I cant believe three years has passed by us already. It seems like just yesterday we were exchanging vows on the mountain top. In three years, we have lived in three states, adopted a dog, celebrated the lives of two children, helped friends and families, had huge arguments and even bigger make-ups, and continue to laugh each day at our non-stop life.

Things are just now starting to slow down as we celebrate the routine of our jobs and life, but my love for you continues to expand exponentially with each passing day. I love watching you play with our children, supporting them in their struggle for independence, and catching them when they fall.

I am so grateful that you have supported me in my journey of becoming a teacher all while supporting yourself in your hectic job, raising children, and putting food on the table.

Together, we have achieved a balance, one that offers laughter, love, and joy. You are always one step ahead of me, finishing my sentences, taking out the garbage just as I am getting ready to ask, and even dreaming the same dream. So it should be no surprise that we would get each other similar anniversary gifts. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw the new shiny alarm clock sitting on my end-table as I wrapped your new watch. Perhaps, we both just felt there is never enough time together and counting down the hours keeps us a little sane. In any case, I love you. I love us. I love the family we have created together. I will continue to stand by your side, through every adventure that comes our way, and I will cherish every moment.

Love,
You wife,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment