Saturday, September 24, 2011

Project 365:: Day 266


Day 266 Oh, what a long road it has been.  I kept telling Dale that bad things come in threes and Jarred's motorcycle accident (details to follow) better be the last of things.  Low and behold, during an amazing classroom observation on Thursday my cell phone rang.  I thought it was maybe a wrong number, but no, it was a call for an interview.  An hour later, my phone rang again--another interview!  Granted, these interviews are not through TFA, nor are they in public schools, but they are teaching positions. 

So, Friday I went to two interviews and was offered the job as a lead preschool teacher at non-profit preschool downtown.  Starting soon, I will be teaching 8 little smiling children in my own classroom with a world-class location downtown.  Easy bus commute.  Good pay. Benefits.  Regular hours.  I feel a little lucky that I finally landed the job I have been dreaming about. 

There you have it.  What a week.  From a motorcycle accident to a new job.  By the way, Dale's restaurant, Revel, is on the "Best thing I ever Ate" on the Food Network, airing Monday at 9pm.  I think things are on the upswing.....knock on wood.

and PS, the picture is my new school, surrounded by 4 Starbucks and some smaller coffee shops....this mama just got a whole lot happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment