Monday, July 11, 2011

Project 365:: Day 192

Day 192 I started my last Monday of Institute with a bang. Today, walking into our school I felt comfortable and welcomed as I realized I missed my students over the long weekend. I was optimistic throughout the day but deeply saddened when I remembered that I will be saying goodbye to all my students in 4 short days. The end is near. When I think about the end, I wonder "what kind of teacher am I? Have my kids been successful? Do they respect me as a teacher? Have I done enough? Have I worked hard enough? Will I be successful back in Seattle? Where will these kids be next year, or the year after?" The questions plagued my brain and then good 'ole Lily hands me this:

Dear Mrs. Pittman,

It was an honor for you to teach me. It was fun, you helped me a lot and it was soooooooo fun, amazing, incredible.


Love, Lily


She followed this letter with a picture of the two of us standing side by side. Some of those questions are now answered but so many still remain. I really hope that every one of my students perseveres far behind high school and I really hope that Lily becomes President in 2040, like she dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment