Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Exciting News!!!

Exciting news!!!!...........No, I am not pregnant.

The past few weeks have been exciting, frustrating, and tearful as I had 2 great job offers that begin immediately and one HUGE job to decide on for next fall.  I sat down and made pros, cons, and decision grids for each job.  Finally, it just came down to gut feelings. 

Last week on the way to one job interview, I got offered a job at a different place.  Crazy, right?  I was offered a part-time position to be the Newborn Hearing Screener at Swedish Ballard Medical Center.  It would have been an intense training but would open up a whole new career to me.  The second job, is part-time at Green Bananas Drop Art Care.  It is a small classroom inside a toy-store that allows you to drop your kids off for up to 4 hours at a time and they can do art projects with the staff. I have used this service many times and the boys love it here. I am a teacher, this is my field, and I would be able to take the boys with me, if needed.  Ultimately, I chose the Art Care job.  I start tomorrow.  Whew.

Lastly, January 20th marks my final deadline to decide whether I want to do Teach For America in the fall.  I spoke with my leaders, answered lots of questions, and weighed my options.  Chances are pretty good that I will be teaching elementary school in Federal Way or Renton next year but even that is still not guaranteed. I really don't want to commute to Federal Way next year but it is necessary to start my official career as a teacher.  There is hope that I will get placed in Seattle Public Schools but given the political climate and controversy still surrounding TFA, is not promising.

And as a back-up plan, I applied to the Master's in Teaching program at Seattle University.  I figure my luck has been so good lately, why not?  I miss being in school and this will open up many doors for me if I don't get placed next fall. 

So there you have it.  It is all very exciting but frustrating as I sat on the floor weighing all these options.  I am so excited to start working with Art Care.  It is such an amazing program and will offer me many rewards.  If you are in Seattle, I strongly encourage you to check out Green Bananas for Art Care or the toy store, 99monkeys

For those you wondering, I will still be doing my photography.  For my clients who read this blog, this explains any delay on photos, returning emails, or responding to texts.  I have been BUSY!

I am very blessed to have had so many offers thrown my way.  I wanted a chance to contribute to our family's income without spending a fortune on a childcare.  I am incredibly thankful that my prayers were heard! 

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment