Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh what a week.

I am trying to get better about blogging.  Of course, when I actually have things to talk about, it makes it easier to blog.  So this week, well, I practically have a book to write.


Our week began with the disappearrance of our cat, Sasha.  He went missing for two days.  We thought we heard his sweet cries near our house and searched every tree, window ledge, and shed.  Nothing.  We searched old house thinking maybe he made the 1/2 mile trek to what was once familiar.  Nothing.  After we had given hope, our other cat, Professor, bolted out across the yard.  He came back every five minutes taking a mouthful of food outside with him.  Well, whatever rescue mission he was on---worked.  Sasha came running home covered in cobwebs but otherwise healthy.  Our spirits were lifted.  I am not gonna lie Sasha is my favorite and my heart was beginning to break thinking I wouldn't see him again.  After lots of love and kisses life went on as normal.



Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit. They stayed with us for a few days and spoiled the boys and gave us a chance to hang some photos and organize our new house.  We always love having family in town! We stayed busy going to gymnastics, the zoo, and eating delicious foods. Unfortunately, I was sick for most of this visit and have yet to recover.  I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection but I haven't had a chance to get into the doctor.


Today, I was feeling very blessed.  After we dropped Kannon off at preschool Clark and I ventured out to have a wonderful day.  It was wonderful.  It was a perfect Fall day.  We went to the bank, walked around Pike Place Market, picked out flowers.  We even stopped by Piroshky, Piroshky! We went to the new cityTarget---crazy, right? We continued our adventure and headed to our well-visit at the pediatrician's office. That's where the day took a turn.  Clark was already cranky from having a short nap.  We were in the waiting area when Clark rolled off a little kid-size couch.  Oh, the screams.  His alligator tears told me this was more than just a little bump.  His pediatrician agreed and even though there was no swelling suggested we head straight to the ER.




Jarred watched Kannon.  I picked Dale up.  Together we headed to Children's Hospital.  When we got there we felt like fools as Clark waved to everyone, smiling, and giggling.  The x-ray told the truth.  Two fractures.  This is one tough kid!  After they fit him for a soft-cast and a sling we headed home with instructions to call the orthopedic on Monday.  From there, they will decide whether to re-set the bone (if needed) and fit in a hard cast.  Until then, our little monkey has to be extremely careful--impossible, right?





On top of everything, we are cleaning our old house tomorrow and Saturday to prepare for someone else to move in.  I am not sure how we are going to get everything done considering we are sick, broken, and tired.


I did get a really sweet letter in the mail from A Family For Every Child.  I have loved volunteering with this program.  Not only is it for a great cause but I get to have fun and be a little more creative than I would for a normal session.  I have also met really interesting kids and enjoy hearing from their case workers that they have found a forever home.

So that was our week. The highs, lows, and everything in between. 



1 comment:

  1. Yes, What a week!!! It sounds like your week had its good and bad moments. So happy for you that your sweet kitty came home! Poor Clark!! What a little trooper he is! Hopefully the bones won't need to be set and it will be a quick heal for him! And congrats on the new home! Picture tour?! As if you don't have enough on your plate! Hang in there, Momma!

    ReplyDelete