Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2012:: So far....

Okay, I have been a bad blogger.  I was so committed for all of 2011 for my 365 project that I just needed a break.  I needed time to simply live and forget about documenting every detail of our life.  While I know our faraway friends and family appreciate all the updates I think they will forgive me for choosing to live my life free of the internet handcuffs.

I am in awe.  I am constantly in awe of the family that we have created, the routine we have developed, the mountains we have conquered.  Everyday I find myself wanting to hug my boys tighter and tighter because they are growing up so fast.  It has felt so good being able to focus on family but while it has been wonderful I have missed the blogging world and being able to get my words out. But I haven't quite decided on my 2012 blogging challenge.  Forgive me, but I don't know if I can commit to a weekly or monthly post.  I haven't decided if I want to use photos, words, or written love letters to my children.  I am still searching for an idea but in the meantime, here are simply some updates.




1.) Kannon and Clark started preschool in January.  I sacrifice my entire paycheck to childcare every month but it feels wonderful knowing that they are downstairs, getting social experience, independence from each other, and learning. We take the bus to work which is always an adventure but they love it!


2.) We went to San Juan Island in February.  I will include some pics here but it was a wonderful, relaxing trip that allowed us time to breathe and recharge.

3.) Dalyn, Dale's sister, welcomed baby Asher John into the family.  We drove to Spokane to see them and had such a wonderful and amusing trip.  (Ask me about the poop on 1-90 story later)

4.) We are going to Florida in May!!!!

5.) Kannon graduated from the parent and tot gymnastics class and will be starting independent gymnastic classes next week!  I am so nervous as to how they will go!!!!

6.) Clark is a music man.  He has started dancing the two step and snaps his fingers and sings at the same time...seriously, adorable.

7.) Both kids are obsessed with eating blueberries and playing with the animals.

8.) Kannon thinks he is cat and crawls around the house meowing.  It is hysterical.

9.) Dale and I started going to bed at 8pm on Sunday nights and 12 hours of sleep has never felt so deserved.

10.) While I love winter, I am ready to say goodbye to this extended bi-polar weather.  I went to work this morning in snow and was sweating in sunshine by 4pm.

There you have it.  The simplified updates in our life.  Of course, so much more has taken place that can't be just an update.  Dale and I have moved mountains together in the last month.  No one tells you how hard adulthood, parenting, marriage can be and it is a constant struggle to maintain the present while working towards the future.  The coming of spring marks new beginnings and Dale and I are waiting to see what will unveil itself.  In the meantime, we will continue to love our family, enjoy our time together, and laugh each day.

More to come soon....

1 comment:

  1. I will surely miss the updates and stories of the boys mischief!

    ReplyDelete