Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life Update

We have been less than conversational these days.  So far this year we have been battling colds, airports, work, tantrums, and adapting to our constantly changing life.  In between the chaos, we barely have time to pick up the phone, email, or even chat with best friends---we are simply too tired.  Alas, I feel an end is near as things begin to even out (for the moment!).  So here are some updates on all of us.

1.) Kannon is growing into a little man more and more everyday.  I feel so blessed to have such an incredibly handsome, gentle, smart, and funny little guy.  He jumps, dances, spins in circles, and runs across our floor.  He climbs beds, tables, couches, and anything given the opportunity.  He eats everything and loves the Trader Joe's Apple-Carrot Crushers in particular.  Kannon is using spoons and forks and drinking out of big kid cups.  He can sign "sleep, milk, water, please, change, poop, water, eat, hungry, and more".  In fact, twice this week he has signed "change me" before he even pooped!!!!  And yesterday in a moment of fussiness, he walked up to Dale and with two exaggerated hands he signed "sleep".  This kid knows what he wants and how to get it!!!  He loves his brother and has a new playmate, Pike (7 months old).  Together they have been building legos, reading books, and playing with blocks.

Side note:  I was getting Pike, Kannon, and Clark ready for bed.  Both Pike and Clark were crying while I was mixing a bottle for Pike.  I turned around and Kannon was handing his sippy cup to Pike and patting Clark's belly with a little blankie at the same time!  This kid is such a big helper already!!!

2.) Clark is the happiest baby I have ever met!  He is constantly smiling and laughing.  He laughs at the dog, Kannon, Dale, shadows--EVERYTHING!  I have met some happy babies but Clark has smile lines already from the perma-smile splashed across his face.  He knows how to roll-over but doesn't like to do it.  He has found his hands and feet and everything in between.  Clark has started eating solids (slowly) and while it has improved the sleep situation, it is still not great.  Clark sleeps from 8-8 but he wakes up at 10, 12, 2, 4, and 6 most nights.  Sometimes he surprises us with an 8-5 stretch but it is rare.  I AM TIRED!!!  But its worth it for this cutie pie!

3.) Dale still loves his job.  He recently had the pleasure of serving Dana Cowin (editor of Food & Wine mag) and redesigned the wine menu.  The chefs he works for have been nominated for another James Beard Award.  With the weather getting nicer, Dale has started riding his bike to work which has meant many more outings for the boys and me.  Dale is looking into the next level of the Court of the Masters Sommelier.  The next test is in September but its almost $600 and a lot of studying!  We have to see where things are going before we just hand over our credit card. In between work and sleep, Dale loves taking the boys for walks, tasting new beers, of course cooking for all of us starving fools!

4.)  Me.  Well, I am tired.  I have had a lot of stuff going on.  First off, I have a BIG interview next Wednesday at 9 for Teach for America.  I applied in 2008 and was not accepted but it was fortunate because I met Dale, got married, and moved to Montana.  This year, TFA is starting in Seattle and I realllly want to become a corps member for so many reasons--I wont bore you with them.  Keep your fingers crossed!!!!  If I am not accepted I will be opening my own photography studio to grow my photography business and finish the details on a little exciting project (SECRET!).  I have decided to stop selling on my Etsy site as it has become too much to keep up with.  With everything that I have going on, knitting a few hats and rolling dryer balls isnt really on the top of my list.  I have been so exhausted lately that staying up to watch/knit has become impossible.  So farewell Etsy, you have been good to me.  

See, we are good.  We have not fallen off the earth or disappeared in a snow-storm.  Our lives just never stop moving.  I dont stop moving between 8-8 and even when the kids are sleeping work is to be had.  I just got back from vacation but I am already ready for another one!!!

PS For those of you have had problems/dropped calls on our phone.  We got new phones!!!  Hopefully these will hold a charge and avoid Kannon's sticky fingers so we can talk without disruptions!  

1 comment: