Wednesday, May 19, 2010

mama confesses:: little things


Dale and I have been struggling to hold it together as chaos ensues around us.  Lately, it has been one thing after another.  Yesterday, my back window in my car broke.  Today, the towel rack in our bathroom came loose.  Just a few minutes ago, the shower door tumbled out.  We are keeping our patience, holding it together best we can, and remembering the little things that make us smile, laugh, and cry.

















::little things::
Kannon sleeps with his right foot in the air.  I have know idea where he got this from but when we catch him, it makes us smile.

Kannon looks like a super-hero in sunglasses.

Emma crawls in bed with us in the morning (while we are sleeping) and Dale and I wake up to dog breath and one passed out princess.

Our cats wrestle like gladiators.

The smell of fresh rain and grey skies soothes me.

I am a better driver than Dale.

Dale looks a little like Frankenstein in the morning....but I love it.

The taste of coffee first thing in the morning....especially when I don't make it.

Kannon has discovered his tongue and spends most of the day looking like a lizard.

The little baby kicks in my belly.

My dinner table.  I love making dinner and eating as a whole family.

Watching Emma play with Kannon.  He laughs, she is happy, and I am content.

Sinking down into clean sheets after a long day.

Pumpkin pancakes....well, anything pumpkin really.

Remembering how much I love Dale and the family we have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment