Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am so glad you were born.....


Cottonbabies (the makers of BumGenius--our FAVORITE cloth diapers) is having a Mother's Day contest for a $100 gift certificate.  All you have to do is write a blurb to your child about why you are glad they were born.  I spent most of the morning getting teary eyed reading other posts and finally got the inspiration to write my piece::

I am so glad you were born because the Earth is brighter than it was before.  The grass is greener, the skies bluer, and even rainy days are more silver than gray.

You returned magic to our lives.  You reminded us of our youth and the games we used to play.


You challenge us to become better.  Even when we smell like spit up and are tired beyond belief we still have energy to put socks on your feet.

Around you we can be ourselves--running around like monkeys or singing very out of tune to the Beatles--whatever it takes to make you laugh.


Both of us (even your daddy) smile more smiles, share more laughs, and shed more tears at the miracle that is you.  You have only been with us for 6 months but we have known you all our life.

Now, I rub my belly, and I look at your smile and I am spoiled.  Not only will I share my life with you and your daddy but your little brother is on his way.


Once again, the Earth will become brighter and more full of life.  We live, love, and enjoy life because of you (and your soon-to-be brother of course).  I am so glad you were born....


Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment